Background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simply Sunday...

I don't know about you, but I love cooking Sunday meals. And it hasn't always been this way, either. This is new. Like, within the last couple of months - new. But yes, I love it. Now, I'll tell you straight up & honestly, I like it because I make HUGE breakfasts - which make me happy. I like dinner, because I try to make something from scratch & like to try meals I haven't tried before.

Here are the two meals I made today...

Breakfast






4 slices of bacon, 2 eggs & mcmuffin bread

Dinner


Makes one 10-inch frittata; Serves 10 to 12

Ingredients

•6 large eggs
•1/2 cup whole milk
•1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
•1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
•Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
•3 cups cooked and drained penne rigate pasta (from 7 ounces dry)
•1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
•1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
•Garnish: fresh basil

(I found this recipe at Marthastewart.com: Penne Frittata with Basil and Ricotta - Martha Stewart Recipes)

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in cooked pasta and chopped basil.

2. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Pour in egg mixture, and cook until edges are just beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until eggs are completely set, 10 to 12 minutes. Invert onto a plate, and re-invert onto a serving dish. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Penne Frittata with Basil and Ricotta - Martha Stewart Recipes
















I also made a salad with blueberries, parmesan, pepper & honey mustard dressing & enjoyed a little pink lemonade with it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the new glass! I'm going to have to try That recipe! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :)

    The recipe was pretty good, but to be honest, it needs a little something. I would maybe add some garlic or pesto or red pepper or maybe even sun dried tomatos to give it some additional flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy you are such an amazing woman!! I tell ya! You are gorgeous ...always seem to be happy go lucky and such a awesome person all around!! Love reading your blog...its really great!! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh thank you so much! :) I really needed to hear that today. First, I'm so glad you get enjoyment out of reading my blog! I just love that there are people out there who enjoy the things I like. And for your comments, THANK YOU! I really do try to remain positive and try to be a good person. Every day is a learning process though.. :)

    ReplyDelete