Background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Simply, my Saturday...

So, I intended to REALLY sleep in today. If you know me, you know I have a hard time sleeping in past 7:00am on the weekends. Well, I made a decision that I would sleep in until ATLEAST 10:00am this morning. How did it go? FAIL. :)



I needed to wake up & be productive. I know this is going to sound bad, but its true. I had two miniature Christmas trees, a wreath & a box of decorations that have been sitting in my back washer/drier room since, oh, December 26th, 2010. I know I should've done something with them by now, I get it. But, I just didn't feel up to lugging those things around to try & put them away... so, there they sat. For nearly a month. I put the two little trees in the basement. Done! I have the tote & the wreath in the living room right now as I'm typing, but only because I did a whole bunch of more things after that & I need to rest for now. :)



After that, I looked at the mat that the dog food/water sit on. G-rrrrrrrosssssssssss! I swear, it was so sick and I just cleaned it like a month ago. I pulled it up and cleaned it. Then I saw the floor under it. It needed cleaned. I swept & wiped it down with a clorox wipe. Done. Right? No. The whole floor needed swept & mopped. I went through the stuff in the back wash room & threw away what needed thrown away & made piles for specific rooms of things that needed to be put away. Threw my rugs & the washer. Swept. Mopped. It looked lovely! Well, until I let me dogs out in the wet back yard. Argh. Oh well. I know it was clean at one point today. :)



Dishes. Done. Even the silverware that the husband refuses to wash, I washed. ;) Counters, clean.



Then, it was time to go to the grocery store. But wait, what am I going to get? I needed a plan. The other day we were watching something on the food network, I think its on a series called "The best thing I ever ate". They showed this breakfast pasta & I've been craving it since. I have no idea what they put in it, but heres what I bought:

Angel hair pasta, garlic, parsley, basil, egg, pancetta cream sauce & some other things. You basically make the pasta & seperately cook the meat of your choice, then combine them together in a pan along with all of the other ingredients. I'll post a recipe later. :)



If you look down a few more posts, you'll see the recipe that I posted for the stuffed french toast. I also bought those ingredients, but this time around I'm making it with blue berries instead of strawberries. Safeway has a special today where you can get blueberry containers, buy 1 get 2 free!



I came home, made two batches of cookies for the husband to enjoy, folded laundry & put it away & did some more tidying up. Now, here I am. I still have to clean the bathroom & living room. The living room has all of my scrapbook stuff all over it from last night. I was working on my vegas pictures. Well, thats enough chit chat for now, I've gotta make dinner & then finish cleaning.

Enjoy your weekend my lovely followers.

xoxo

B

No comments:

Post a Comment