- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 slices of whole-wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and preheat. Carefully dip each of the "sandwiches" into the egg mixture until completely moistened. Then place on the skillet and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the outside is golden brown and the center is warm and chocolate is melted.
Transfer to serving places. Top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Calories 270; Total Fat 8 g; (Sat Fat 3 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 15 g; Carb 38 g; Fiber 5 g; Cholesterol 170 mg; Sodium 390 mg
Note: *7 slices of whole wheat bread analyzed here since crust was removed*